Thursday, November 29, 2012

Israel- Palestine conflict observed by Czech eyes

    I think that this is very hard topic to talk about and I will definitely not talk about my personal opinion but rather about my own observations (and I think that there is difference between those two).
    It is very important topic to discuss but I can't say too much. If I would, I would get lost in it. You can't really say that there is much going on in news - yes, maybe now, when there is specific issue to talk about, but no one is really representing the truth. The reason for that is probably that you can't be neutral because there are two different biest ways to look at it - Israeli and Palestinian - two different stories, two different histories. The question is not who is right because I think that there is some truth in both of them. I was always asking the questions like: so, how it happened? who started? who did this? why? why can't they agree? why is it SO hard to agree? - but there is no answer for it, because this issue is so complex that we can't just say it started few years ago, but 100 years ago and therefore there is not just one answer.
    We had a discussion about this where both sides were represented by two students. We also watched movies from both sides. It was the most interesting discussion because to see actual people from two countries which are in conflict talking together about it is something very unique. But also depressing.
 Not talking about the reasons and the numbers there are few things I would like to highlight as I think it's important to know. I'm really not putting myself on any side because not only I don't have information to do so but I don't have the right to do so.
    But this is what world doesn't know and I think we should care about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieb7JLibXO0 (The movie we watched. Maybe not all of it is true because it is from the Palestinian point of view, but some of the things are unfortunately not possible to deny)

    The wall:




I'm not putting too much information because there is so much which should be said, that if you're interested you should read about it from many other sources to get the feeling on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment