Wednesday, November 21, 2012

!Languages!

     I think this very interesting topic to talk about and I would like to start with my first language - Czech. Here, I study Czech as a self-taught student which is actually quite funny thing to do. First half of year we study and discuss two english books in class however write all essays in Czech (considering you don't use this language almost anymore it's more translating English to Czech) and for the rest you need to prepare by yourself for the exam which is again after two years not using Czech as everyday language. Because no one can actually check if you're writing the right things you can't be sure till the very last day. Even the oral exam is controlled by people who can't understand it. Takže můžu mluvit a psát o jednorožcích a oni se na mě budou usmívat :)
     English - that's my second language and the one I use to write this blog. Reason for that is because I'm keeping options open for anyone of my friends to feel free to read it. Also my written english is pretty bad and I simply feel that I need to practice, so I'm very sorry for all my mistakes here, but trust me that I'm trying my best. That still doesn't mean I'm actually concentrating on my grammar the most :P Not at all ;) Also I'm being serious but I think my english got very international since I came to UWC.
     The next language is Spanish, it used to be quite all right and I could communicate in basic life situations. Actually I love this language, ehm however now I can't even count to ten anymore as I'm mixing it with my Italian. At least I'm trying to talk with Latini as much as possible! !Pero la verdad es que mi Espanol es una broma! :)
     Aaaand Italian! Yep, I couldn't say anything at the beginning and now I can understand (I think that's mostly because of my Spanish) some basics sentences and I can buy gelato!

No comments:

Post a Comment