Monday, October 29, 2012

Padova


     Just twenty minutes away from Venice is Padova. Really nice, old, small and beautiful town. I spent my time there with my parents and sister this weekend which I must say was great as I haven't seen them since they brought me to school at the beginning of the year. We got there on friday so there was no time to do anything but we had to take a tram to get to our hotel (but it's only one line so it wasn't that difficult).
     On saturday we went all around the town to explore all parts and I think that one day was exactly enough. Not only that we saw many basilics (and there is quite few of them and all are extremely huge) but we also visited the Scrovengi Chapel which houses a remarkable cycle of frescoes completed in 1305 by Giotto. The part which I couldn't miss was shopping. Not only as there were normal shops which I haven't seen for ages but also many cosy vintage shops all around the town with very cute products - old clothes, jewelry or shoes.
The biggest square in Italy in Padua

    The only minus I literally felt on this trip was the weather as it was extremely freezing and even my parents were surprised that it's even worst than in England (not even counting that it was raining the whole time)! However when I got back to school I found out that the weather is even worst due- Bora!!!
                                    BUT IT'S SNOWING BACK AT HOME!! :) so jealous !

No comments:

Post a Comment