Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sea, adrenaline and sickness!

Barcolana Regatta - Trieste

Isn't this really beautiful?
    Yesterday, there was 44th Barcolana in Trieste - Big sailing event!
It was really nice to see all the boats and loads of people going around. Also good food in stands which was smelling everywhere, however after a while it started to rain and honestly I can't say that heavy rain like that is always something to enjoy. (Although I love storms) 
But this festival is just case of people who can actually sail, but me? 
It's my Core activity but I really need to persuade myself to go there. Let me tell you my experience from the last time to understand why. 
     It's freezing and I have even difficulties to get up from my warm bed in the morning...but outside? When there is like 99.9% chance I'm gonna capsize? No, thank you! 
     But sometimes we just need to force ourself.  It might look like a really easy thing to do, but if there is strong wind - almost BORA, it's really hard. You need to bare in mind so many things and your speed is increasing every second while the wind is changing direction even faster. If you capsize you need to use all your strength to put the boat back. If it turns 180° the other direction you might even expect to dive for your sail. Your adrenaline increases so fast in your blood that I must say I'm happy if I'm still alive in the end... but also that I've done it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment